top of page

John Ruiz
3D Generalist

Personal

AT - AT

This project was an exciting one but I definitely miscalculated its scope. I used a model kit of an AT-AT I owned plus all the stills from the movies and art books.

The block out phase was done in Maya and I continued to setup the boolean pieces I would then use in Zbrush. In Zbrush is where the high poly version was made with smoothing and all the shapes in tact.

I used the initial base mesh as my low poly platform and adjusted as needed.

My maps were baked in Marmoset and then imported to Substance Painter where texturing was completed.

Final render back in Marmoset.

bottom of page